Netflix not working

appXperience
MaxOne72
Answers: 0

Is there any way of getting a proper TV version of Netflix on this chip set, like how the Roku play looks?

Thanks.
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

MaxOne72 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:47 am Is there any way of getting a proper TV version of Netflix on this chip set, like how the Roku play looks?

Thanks.
l
Use a kodi plugin
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
AxEgo
Experienced Member

I tried to get the Netflix Kodi plugin to work but gave up after half an hour.

It installs fine, opens netflix, but as soon as you choose something to watch it gives an error and can't play it.
X96 Mini - S905W - 2/16GB ATVXperience v2F
Zorin

Hello there,

pretty much the same experience with a Tanix MX3 max and a x96w (Bluetooth-version). The Netflix-plugin for Kodi works fine with with the stock roms of both boxes. It integrates well in Kodi and is nicely usable without any major issues. The only downsides I discovered so far: It doesn't show all the titles, the plugin seems to make use of software-decoding only and 720p seems to be the max. resolution. Picture-quality is noticeably better compared to the official netflix-app and the tablet/smartphone version imho really sucks on TV (even with an air mouse). Especially when you are watching series and of course everything is limited to SD....

Therefore the unofficial Netflix-plugin for Kodi is a very nice alternative (although you never know how long it works till Netflix changes something then the plugin breaks again and they seem to love to do that). very often you get at least 720p and with the Kodi-interface it is so much more usable. Stock roms of both boxes - no problem. The Kodi-plugin for netflix does the job.

Using the same plugin, exactly the same settings, the same Kodi-version (1:1 backup & restore) on ATV Xperience or also the new Poison ATV - the plugin doesn't work anymore. You can log in, you can see the movies, your watchlist, but you can't play anything. Kodi seems to be trying for 1-2 seconds to play the selected movie and then just stops. Sometimes error-messages appear complaining about widevine or decoding failed. Would be so nice if this would also work on ATV Xperience, but unfortunately at the moment it doesn't...

Similar issues with Amazon Prime. The Prime-app works fine on both stock roms, with the ATV-versions again the same problem - you can't play anything. It also just stops after a few seconds and in this case I don't consider the Kodi-plugin as a usable alternative because the plugin seems to be a bit of a mess. No idea what causes the problems with ATV and not with the stock roms, but it would be great if at least the Netflix-plugin for Kodi would work on ATV Xperience.

I'll provide some logfiles from Kodi later, maybe it helps to sort out the problem...

Thank you for all your efforts and your time! It is really appreciated!
Nayam

Zorin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:12 am Hello there,

pretty much the same experience with a Tanix MX3 max and a x96w (Bluetooth-version). The Netflix-plugin for Kodi works fine with with the stock roms of both boxes. It integrates well in Kodi and is nicely usable without any major issues. The only downsides I discovered so far: It doesn't show all the titles, the plugin seems to make use of software-decoding only and 720p seems to be the max. resolution. Picture-quality is noticeably better compared to the official netflix-app and the tablet/smartphone version imho really sucks on TV (even with an air mouse). Especially when you are watching series and of course everything is limited to SD....

Therefore the unofficial Netflix-plugin for Kodi is a very nice alternative (although you never know how long it works till Netflix changes something then the plugin breaks again and they seem to love to do that). very often you get at least 720p and with the Kodi-interface it is so much more usable. Stock roms of both boxes - no problem. The Kodi-plugin for netflix does the job.

Using the same plugin, exactly the same settings, the same Kodi-version (1:1 backup & restore) on ATV Xperience or also the new Poison ATV - the plugin doesn't work anymore. You can log in, you can see the movies, your watchlist, but you can't play anything. Kodi seems to be trying for 1-2 seconds to play the selected movie and then just stops. Sometimes error-messages appear complaining about widevine or decoding failed. Would be so nice if this would also work on ATV Xperience, but unfortunately at the moment it doesn't...

Similar issues with Amazon Prime. The Prime-app works fine on both stock roms, with the ATV-versions again the same problem - you can't play anything. It also just stops after a few seconds and in this case I don't consider the Kodi-plugin as a usable alternative because the plugin seems to be a bit of a mess. No idea what causes the problems with ATV and not with the stock roms, but it would be great if at least the Netflix-plugin for Kodi would work on ATV Xperience.

I'll provide some logfiles from Kodi later, maybe it helps to sort out the problem...

Thank you for all your efforts and your time! It is really appreciated!
I'm looking into it.
I can't say anything for poi son though, I am not affiliated to it in any way.
Hopefully, new base should fix these things. The tanix base is too bloated.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
Mateo2249
Verified Member

Hello everyone,
I think I'm not the only one with this problem but I can not find too much information on the subject so sorry if I do a double post ... My concern is that I can not find Netflix version that work on my 2 box (T95Z plus and H96 Pro +), on which I installed the V2H version, I have a -13 error. There must be a link with drm I think but what can I do? by the way, a big thank you to the developers, this ATV rom is just superb 💪👍
Sorry for my english, i'm french...
Thanks
Nayam

Mateo2249 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:04 pm Hello everyone,
I think I'm not the only one with this problem but I can not find too much information on the subject so sorry if I do a double post ... My concern is that I can not find Netflix version that work on my 2 box (T95Z plus and H96 Pro +), on which I installed the V2H version, I have a -13 error. There must be a link with drm I think but what can I do? by the way, a big thank you to the developers, this ATV rom is just superb 💪👍
Sorry for my english, i'm french...
Thanks
Hi [mention]Mateo2249[/mention]
Please use the netflix from https://apps.atvxperience.com
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
Mateo2249
Verified Member

Hi Nayam,
Thank you for your answer.
I installed the version available in the dowload part and it works on T95Z thanks ;)
I have not tried on the H96 yet ...
I have another problem with the T95Z, I installed the clock patch and since the LEDs work but they stay on even if the box is turned off ... What can I do?
Thanks
daniels21

Hey Guys. So i'm trying to get netflix to work with the v2ff but I just dont know what else to do

what i've tried...

installed netflix app from aptoide. App opens fine, but when i go to play a video, I get a bit of the audio but no picture, and i get an error message saying there was a problem reaching the netflix server

installed netflix from playstore. App opens thne I get an error right away saying cannot connect to the netflix server

tried installing netflix from the atv website. This does not even install. theres a problem installing package.

is there anything you guys can suggest?
Any help would be appreciated
ricklar

[mention]daniels21[/mention] Scroll up and Read Nayam's Post.

If you downloaded the Netflix from AtvX and having Parsing Errors or App Corrupted Errors, make sure you have Uninstalled the wrong Netflix.apk you have currently in device, fresh/complete installs are a must. Netflix doesn't allow Upgrading the app internally when the device is not registered with an Official Netflix License, so mobile version must be sideloaded and not able to get UHD working even if you pay for it.

Note: the v2FF came with two Netflix apks installed, one is the actual Netflix program and the other is a custom Icon shortcut apk to quickly access Netflix from home screen, Do not delete or uninstall the shortcut. Using a file explorer can know which is which by package name and file size, the shortcut is a tiny size apk.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!