Minix neo u9-h support

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
antonio6o6
Expert Member
Answers: 0

Thanks for that reply I'm going to taste it
antonio6o6
Expert Member

After I copy from Minix firmware and paste on the custom ROM this files.
UBOOT.USB
bootloader.PARTITION
DDR.USb
Kernel + DTB + Bootloader _ all from stock Minix firmware. My box Minix it don't want to boot up so I went back and reflash it but I still can't get USB port to work
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

antonio6o6 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:38 pm After I copy from Minix firmware and paste on the custom ROM this files.
UBOOT.USB
bootloader.PARTITION
DDR.USb
Kernel + DTB + Bootloader _ all from stock Minix firmware. My box Minix it don't want to boot up so I went back and reflash it but I still can't get USB port to work
Unfortunately, we do not have a test device to address this issue, it looks like atvXperience FW must be based on minix FW for your device.. full port
ricklar

[mention]antonio6o6[/mention]
You are doing your ROM changes with only "Level 1" unpack? Doing a Level 2 is for System changes only, and is possible error of losing file_contexts which will cause device to not boot system, so when changing Boot+DTB+Bootloader only use Level 1 unpack.

Possible alternative is just take original firmware of Minix device and swap the system.PARTITION in Level 1 from AtvX to get AndroidTV.

The main USB configuration and drivers in android are normally only done in the kernel [ boot.PARTITION ] maybe Minix has something different in system as well.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
antonio6o6
Expert Member

I copied this file in Minix firmware system.PARTITION and paste to a custom ROM end did.boot up but no usb working
ricklar

antonio6o6 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:20 pm I copied this file in Minix firmware system.PARTITION and paste to a custom ROM end did.boot up but no usb working
Hmm....not working still.
Ok, if you wish to continue problem solving the issue? Then you will need to unpack both [ system.PARTITION ] then convert [ system.img ] and then decompile so in Windows everything is in folder/file format then cross compare the /system from each firmware and see if you can find the drivers for USB implementation. Here is WinMerge tool:
http://winmerge.org/?lang=en

It is also possible if you were rough with the device and have broken or cracked the solder points that mounts the USB ports on the board. Rare for this to happen, but not impossible.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
antonio6o6
Expert Member

That is a little bit too much for me I give up but thanks for your help it was real good forums
korn3r
Verified Member

i wonder what firmware exactly topicstarter used.
i tried "atvXperience_s912_v2F" with DTB from stock, with DTB + bootloader from stock and with dtb + bootloader + kernel from stock.
its always just atvxperience logo and thats all. i want to get that thing to boot atleast without working usb. i have amlogic tools + linux VM for system\kernel repacking, but i just cant get it to boot in any way :(
i even tried to put system.partition into stock 7.1 minix rom - still hangs at starting logo

UPDATE1
nevermind, it was H version) or atleast not single "F" version i tried earlier
IR remote seems to be working (box will wakeup on keypress), but no buttons work. i`ll try to repack fw with another layout and check if i could get remote to work to get to logcat. neither usb nor lan seems to work, so i cant adb via usb or ethernet, but mby i have faulty lan cable tho
didnt try to repack another dtb into H version yet, so mby atleast ethernet would work if i do so.

UPDATE2
testing results:
original atvx H firmware - everything boots, but no usb or lan.
atvx + dtb from minix = flash fail with [0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial Error
minix 7.1 fw + system from atvx = flash ok, but hangs after bootanimation (on atvx small logo)

stock H firmware dtb is for gxm_q201, but minix is gxm_q200. i`ve attached dtb from android 6 and from android 7. they are different. i suppose because MINIX 7.1 fw is 64bits afaik, maybe thats the problem here? that minix 7.1 is 64bits?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
korn3r
Verified Member

i`ve made usb to work, but no luck with neither ethernet, nor wifi yet. i should try to put wifi drivers from stock minix fw.
to get usb working you need to replace all mentioned earlier files, but also edit default.prop in stock minix 7.1.2 boot.partition:
ro.zygote=zygote64_32 to ro.zygote=zygote32

UPDATE1
My bad - Ethernet is working :) i had a faulty cable.
WiFi is not :(

UPDATE2
attached logcat.
maybe someone would like to help me fixing wifi issues.

UPDATE3
found wifi service name in Minix stock firmware. and its missing in atvx system.partition.
i`ll try to repack system with it today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
korn3r
Verified Member

i found out that executable needed for wifi to work on minix is dhd (/system/bin/dhd). i repacked it into atvx system.partition, but wifi still wont work, when i try to execute it manually, it says "error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported."
help >.<

or maybe there is stock wifi daemon that will work is i just symlink it to /system/bin/dhd?

Everything else is seems to be working, only wifi is a problem atm