[HELP] TX3 Mini wifi not working after installing ATV experience Rom

TX3 Mini, X96 Mini, W95 to name a few...
khurram_rizvi
Answers: 0

Hello Guys,

I Tried to install the aTVx Rom for my TX3 mini box, it boots up but Wi-Fi doesn't work and nothing is shown up under Wi-Fi and as soon as I turn on the Wifi switch, it gets turned off.

After reading, some multiple forums here, I figured out that my TX3 mini has a v1.3 motherboard and found out a 1.3 stock rom shared by [mention]davidlaz[/mention] in discussion: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=582&start=40

and flashed it and my wifi started to work on stock rom [earlier I tried flashing stock ROM from official website, it boots up but Wi-Fi never worked].

I even tried the v1.3 ATVx Rom, customized and shared by [mention]davidlaz[/mention] under same discussion but still boots up but no Wifi connectivity.

I even tried the AmLogic Customization Tool and extracted both images[stock image with working WiFi and ATVx image], and replaced the System.Partition file in stock rom from the System.Partition file from ATVx rom and repacked the image and flashed it, still boots up but Wi-Fi doesn't work.

Please kindly guide me further what more I can do to get Wi-Fi working and point out something else I can do.

[mention]Nayam[/mention] if you could just look onces and please guide me further, any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks everyone for building up this wonderful community ❤️
em3ka

khurram_rizvi wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:12 pm...I figured out that my TX3 mini has a v1.3 motherboard and found out a 1.3 stock rom shared by [mention]davidlaz[/mention] in discussion: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=582&start=40 ...
Did you check if you have the same (Realtek) wifi chip on your board ?
khurram_rizvi

Hi [mention]davidlaz[/mention] , could you please look check once and help me find out the WiFi chip on my board.

Here are the Hi-Res Images of my TX3 mini board.

https://ibb.co/DDrftkq
https://ibb.co/xm0S1Vt
em3ka

khurram_rizvi wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:48 pm ... help me find out the WiFi chip on my board...
Some unknown chinese WIFI chip marked as S9012P, not contained in atvX FW.
khurram_rizvi

@[mention]em3ka[/mention] , could you please mark this as unsolved?

Btw, thanks a ton for helping me out in finding the chip name.

Also, as I was able to get my wifi drivers working on this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ScIJmv ... E6mCS/view shared by [mention]davidlaz[/mention] , is it possible to extract the entire image and get the system/bin, system/etc/wifi folders and get it to the aTVx Roms respective folder.

[I already tried with pasting system.PARTITION from atvX to stock rom, but still no luck], anything else I could possibly do?

Please suggest!

Again, Thanks a TON for helping me to find the driver name, I could try to find out something related to it on Git, Russian Website or Vietnamese Website.
em3ka

khurram_rizvi wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:04 pm ... I was able to get my wifi drivers working on this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ScIJmv ... E6mCS/view shared by @davidlaz , is it possible to extract the entire image ...
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=460
khurram_rizvi

FINALLY RESOLVED!!!! :grinning: :grinning:
Hey [mention]em3ka[/mention] thanks a LOT!, I just download the Ricky's Tool v6.0[earlier tried with v4.0 but it couldn't extract till the required folder] and changed the files as below and that turned my WiFi ON!!

Copied Files from Stock Rom to ATVx ROM (as per the WiFi porting guide by [mention]Nayam[/mention] )

1)Replaced all bin files
\level2\system\bin

2)Replaced all wifi files
\level2\system\etc\wifi

3)Replaced dhcpcd folder
level2\system\etc\dhcpcd

4)Replaced lib folder all files
level2\system\lib

Cleared cache through recovery on first boot.

And the good thing is that along with WiFI, my LED display was also working fine as on stock and It didn't required any patch file to be flashed.

Thanks a A LOT again!!!

(also, if possible could you point me some source/s, helpful for the Android 8 wifi porting, as files structure seems to be different from 7.0[possibly due to treble])
IntegraMark

khurram_rizvi wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:59 am FINALLY RESOLVED!!!! :grinning: :grinning:
Hey [mention]em3ka[/mention] thanks a LOT!, I just download the Ricky's Tool v6.0[earlier tried with v4.0 but it couldn't extract till the required folder] and changed the files as below and that turned my WiFi ON!!

Copied Files from Stock Rom to ATVx ROM (as per the WiFi porting guide by [mention]Nayam[/mention] )

1)Replaced all bin files
\level2\system\bin

2)Replaced all wifi files
\level2\system\etc\wifi

3)Replaced dhcpcd folder
level2\system\etc\dhcpcd

4)Replaced lib folder all files
level2\system\lib

Cleared cache through recovery on first boot.

And the good thing is that along with WiFI, my LED display was also working fine as on stock and It didn't required any patch file to be flashed.

Thanks a A LOT again!!!

(also, if possible could you point me some source/s, helpful for the Android 8 wifi porting, as files structure seems to be different from 7.0[possibly due to treble])
I did this, only copying the wifi folder over and got wifi working. what to the other 3 do and which one do i copy over, for just clock functionality?
em3ka

IntegraMark wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:46 pm ...which one do i copy over, for just clock functionality?
Search clock display patch for your device on main site or in this topic.
kaziashike

@khurram_rizvi can you share the processed file?
I have the same issue, And i dont have enough knowledge to rebuild the OS. If you can share the flash file i can try it on my tx3 mini to see if it works.