Problem with Burning tool: v3 recognizes my device but opens v2 when I load the image

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
martinezpt
Answers: 0

Hi,

I'm experiencing issues trying to burn atvXperience to my A95X F3 Air II.

I installed the latest version of the AML Burn tool and it recognizes my device.
However, when I load the atvX image, it closes v3 of the burning tool, and automatically opens the image with v2. The problem is that v2 doesn't recognize my device.

I've tried this several times, on different computers with different OS versions. I've tried not installing v2 at all to force the use of v3 but I just get an error when I load the image saying that v2 wasn't found.

I have tried to load from SD card by following several tutorials but none worked on my device.

Any clue as to what I could try next?
em3ka

martinezpt wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:03 am I'm experiencing issues trying to burn atvXperience to my A95X F3 Air II...
S905W2 SoC is not supported by atvX FW.
martinezpt wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:03 am ...I've tried not installing v2 at all to force the use of v3 but I just get an error when I load the image saying that v2 wasn't found...
V3 burning tool switches to V2 version when it detects image based on older android 7/8/9 versions. :thinking:
Have you tried to flash stock (Android 11) image [MEGA.nz] with V3 burning tool ?
martinezpt

em3ka wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:35 am S905W2 SoC is not supported by atvX FW.
Ah! If I could get back the hours I've spent trying to get this to work :') Not that the process is complicated but I'm a Mac user so had to set up a Windows machine just for this which took waaaay longer than it should have :') :')
But you've saved me from spending many more hours insisting and for that I am very grateful :) :)
em3ka wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:35 am V3 burning tool switches to V2 version when it detects image based on older android 7/8/9 versions.
Have you tried to flash stock (Android 11) image [MEGA.nz] with V3 burning tool ?
It's great to know the reason why that happened.
I didn't know which version I was running so I upgraded anyway and the process was very smooth. It goes to show that it was just my ignorance about atvX not being supported on my box and that there's nothing wrong with the tool.
Unfortunately it didn't make much of a difference, I have the same problems I had before. The box has unreasonably slow Wifi (<500kbps) which makes it unusable. A much older, lower spec box on the same spot doesn't have any wifi issues.

Anyway, congrats to everyone working on atvX and managing these forums.
I didn't know about this project until I started looking for solutions to my issue with the box. Had I known I would have made sure that I would get one that supports atvX. I guess I'm going to start browsing the forums for recommendations for my new purchase :)

Thanks again!